BTTHS, Inc. STUDENT-ATHLETES RULES, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
SELECTION, RECRUITEMENT, SUSPENSION OF ATHLETES
- The privilege of participating in any sports or athletics is extended to all students. All he or she has to do is to fill out a form indicating the game/sports of choice and submit the same to the respective coach. The Physical Education (P.E.) teacher may also make recommendation to the coach.
- After being selected in the try-out and observed for a month, the P.E. teacher is informed by the coach that the student is part of the team. Likewise the student's parent/guardian is informed.
- Practice for sports is after the last period of class in the afternoon. All students are required to attend the P.E. classes.
- Any deviation from the regular practice schedule and venue must have the approval of the school principal.
- A standard of expected behavior must be strictly observed. Otherwise, the erring student may be recommended for removal from the team. The student may be prevented from participating in a game. (The list of rules will have to undergo discussion/consultation with the P.E. coordinator for a possible revision.)
- A player is limited to two (2) sports within the school term.
- The Sports Committee has the option to recruit or scout for external players to join in the sports provided school policies on admission should be strictly adhered to.
- All players should undergo physical evaluation and examination by the school physician before participating in any sports events in school and outside of school. A permission slip and medical form must be signed by the parent and the student-athlete to participate in each sport.
RATING/GRADE OF STUDENT-ATHLETES
- A student-athelete must maintain an academic eligibility. If he/she incurs two (2) failing grades in a grading period in any subject area, he/she becomes ineligible to play until the next grading period. An athlete must resolve the failing grades successfully before admittance to the regular training of his/her team.
- Coaches may rate the performance of the student-athlete provided there are clear rubrics or criteria for the rating of both behavior and performance of the player. The P.E. grade component will have to be reviewed and approved by the P.E. coordinator before the same is computed with other grade components.
SCHEDULE OF PRACTICE AND GAME ATTENDANCE
- On weekdays, practice will start after dismissal of classes and may last for one and a half to two (1.5-2) hours. On Saturdays,practice may last up to four (4) hours only.
- The time practice may be extended upon the recommendation of the coaches and approval of the school principal.
- Attendance on all practices/trainings, games, tournaments and higher meets for all team members is mandatory. For some reasons the player will be absent or tary, the player must personally speak to his/her coach or submit an excuse letter signed by the parent/guardian. Student-athletes are not permitted to leave during practice or games early without prior approval of the coach.
- A student-athlete who quits a sport must submit a formal letter address to the coach signed by the parent/guardian.
- A student-athlete is eligible to join or transfer to another team subject to approval by the coordinator, parent/guardian and coach of the new sport after the periodical exam.
- A student-athlete who opts not to join any team will be recommended to go back to P.E. class as regular student.
- A student-athlete who quits from the team before the playing season must surrender the official team uniform.
SELECTION OF THE MOST OUTSTANDING ATHLETE (every school year)
An outstanding athlete exemplifies an athlete excellence in their respective sports, embodies the ideals of good sportmanship and in good academic standings. The school has been annually selecting outstanding athletes for the following purposes:
- To promote sports activities of the BTTHS, Inc. in line with the objectives of Sports Development Program.
- To encourage the students to participate in sports.
- To hold outstanding athletes up as good example among athletes and students in general.
- To honor selected outstanding athletes.
In order to achieve the purposes aforementioned, the school therefore has the following criteria for selecting Outstanding Athletes:
- The outstanding athletes must meet all of these qualifications:
- Must be an active BTTHS, Inc. Student-Athlete
- Must be an athlete who brings honor to the school in the year he/she is nominated
- Must have good academic record
- Must be well-mannered
- Must attain the highest points in his/her sports
- There are two (2) levels of awards:
- One (1) outstanding male/female athlete per team in Elementary Level
- One (1) outstanding male/female athlete per team in High School Level
* Each will receive a certificate and an engraved medal during the Recognition ceremony.
- Committee who decides and recommends:
- School Principal
BENEFITS OR PRIVILEGES (every school year)
- Set of Team Uniform
- Snack and Lunch (for approved Games, Meets, and Tournaments)
- Medical Insurance
- Physical and Dental Check-up
WE AIM TO BECOME AN/A:
- Effective Communicators
- Responsible Family Member
- Happy and Consistent Learners
- Productive Citizens
- Sports centered individuals
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE ACTIVITIES INCLUDED IN OUR DEPARTMENT:
- Application of PE Form for Athletes (from Grades 4-10)
- Annual Track and Field Competition- participated by Grades 4-10
- Intramurals participated by Grades 4-10
- NOPSSCEA Sports Competition
- Track And Field
- Table Tennis
- Summer Sports Training-Exclusively FREE for ALL bonafide students of the present year.
- Table Tennis