Scholarship and Grants (ESC and SHS Voucher)
The Board of Trustees gives out scholarship to deserving students who have been in the school for at least two years. This scholarship is available to students from Grade 2.
- Minimum scholastic requirements:
- Average academic standing and conduct both in English and in Chinese must be at least 80% in the preceeding school year with no failing subject.
- All scholarships sponsored by the BOT are subject to their approval.
- Documents required:
- Report Card for the last two (2) years.
- Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardians.
- Employment Certificate indicating position and compensation of parents or guardians.
- Attestation of two (2) reference persons, one of whom must be a member of the Board of Trustees, as to the qualification of the parents or guardians.
- Other requirements:
- The parents or guardians must submit to an interview by the screening committe if the screening committee requires it.
- The application forms are available at the Business Office one month before the due date for filing.
For FAPE-ESC Grantees
The Government Assisstance to Students and Teachers in Private Education (GASTPE), consisting of the Education Service Contracting (ESC) and the Teacher Salary Subsidy (TSS), is a demonstration of the Government's commitment to maintain the viability of private education as a key partner in the delivery of basic quality education.
Bacolod Tay Tung High School, Inc. is now certified GASTPE/FAPE recipient school. Requirements for the PEAC (FAPE) grantees are:
- Application forms available at the Accreditation/Certification office.
- ESC grants depend upon the availability of slots.
- The provision of ESC grants starts at Grade 7 level. No new grants shall be awarded at the higher levels.
- New students and transferees are required to pass the Admission Process.
- Parent and grantees should attend the ESC program policies orientation as scheduled.
For SY 2020-2021, PEAC (FAPE) has given Bacolod Tay Tung High School 140 slots for incoming Grade 7 students.
For Senior High School
Students entering Grade Eleven may apply for the SHS Voucher. Qualified Voucher Recipients (QVR) will receive a tuition subsidy for the one school year.