BTTHS, Inc. adopts DepEd Order No. 8 s, 2015 with some revisions as to the percentage components of subjects
PERCENTAGE SCORE (PS) = (Learner's Total Raw Score / Highest possible score) x 100%
Weighted Score (WS) = Percentage Score x Weight of Component
Promotion / Retention
- A general average of seventy five percent (75%) is necessary for promotion
- Failure in three (3) or more subject disqualifies a student for promotion regardless of the general average.
- Any student with failing grades in one (1) or two (2) subjects is required to take summer remedial classes and must pass the subject(s). This includes the Chinese Language.
Selection of Honors for Academic-Excellence
BTTHS, Inc. adopts DepEd Order No. 74 s. 2012 which states the following:
- Candidates for honors shall have no grade lower than 80% in any grading period.
- They must not have a general average lower than 90%.
- Transferees shall be considered in the ranking provided they enrolled at the beginning of the School Year.
- The 7-3 point scheme (7 points for academic performance and 3 points for co-curricular) as contained in DepEd Order No. 74 s. 2012 with some school policy revisions shall be used in determining honors.
- All candidates for honors must be of good moral character and have a character grade not lower than C (good) in any grading period.
- Academic excellence shall be awarded to the following students:
- General average in academics:
95% and above (Highest Honors) and
90% to 94% (with Honors)
This shall be posted in the school bulletins in alphabetical order.
- For Chinese Language Arts, honors shall be confirmed to students in each year level with the guidelines set by the Chinese Language Department.
Criteria for selection of Chinese Language Arts honors:
- Conduct Grade not lower than 85%
- General Average not lower than 88%
- Scholarship shall be drawn from the list of honor students subject to the approval of the Board of Trustees.